Aria Contractors manages loft developments in Richmond area.
Gain additional space for a new playroom, home office or bedroom with en suite by extending upwards into your attic.
Whatever your goal or vision, Aria Contractors will make it happen. We are among top loft conversion companies in London.
The loft concept has, over time, become an architectural inspiration.
There are 4 common types of loft extensions / conversions:
- Velux – very popular and cost effective
- Dormer – makes rooms that have limited space more feasible
- Mansard – lets you maximise amount of space in your loft conversion
- Hip to Gable – involves making major alterations to the roof where there isn`t enough internal volume
You don't need permission for every loft conversion and the rules were relaxed back in 2008, but it is still safest to check before starting work.
You will certainly need consent if:
- You live in a listed building or in a conservation area.
- If the house has already been extended to the maximum volume within permitted development rights.
- If any part of the extension will be higher than the original roof or overlooks neighbours.
Loft conversions in Richmond by Aria Contractors - quality attic and loft extensions, design and home insulation services.
Taking a step further within the scope of loft-type architectural constructions, a new trend is apparent: the rehabilitation of whole buildings that house multiple loft-type apartments and also new constructions with this end in mind.
If the conversion is to be used regularly as a "habitable space", your design must comply with building regulations on issues such as energy efficiency, fire safety, ventilation, lighting and insulation.
This permission is obtained separately from planning consent. Plans have to be approved by your local authority`s Building Control Officer, which can take 2 months.
For advice on all these issues, visit planningportal.gov.uk
If you live in a terraced house you must comply with the rules on party walls. Visit rics.org/partywalls or call the RICS helpline on 0870 333 1600
If you’d like to discuss your project please feel free to contact us today on 0770 810 1145 or request a quote on loft conversion and we’ll get back to you.